High School Enrichment Program
BMR Students who wish to take Community College courses are required to complete a High School Enrichment form, which is available in the BMR Guidance office. Upperclassmen who wish to take advantage of online courses offered by Massachusetts Colleges Online may do so by going to www.mco.mass.edu
. Students are responsible for all financial costs. Click on the options box to identify courses which say “Open for High School Enrollment”. Placement is dependent upon the high school guidance counselor and principal recommendation and approval of the college instructor’s agreement as well as seat availability. Generally this program is limited to high school juniors and seniors. In order to receive diploma credit, written approval must be granted by the principal before taking the course.
Running Start for High School Seniors
Running Start is a program offered at the Community College of Rhode Island for high school students who demonstrate the academic achievement and maturity necessary to enroll in college courses during their senior year. Seniors who study at CCRI on a full-time basis during the day may be eligible to earn college credit and credit for high school graduation simultaneously.
Running Start Admission Criteria:
1. A Cumulative high school average of “B” is required.
2. Submission of an official high school transcript.
3. Permission of parent or guardian.
4. Recommendation from a guidance counselor or principal accompanied by a list of courses that includes requirements for graduation from high school and other recommended college courses.
5. ACCUPLACER placement testing that demonstrates readiness at the college level in reading, writing, and math is required. Testing should be completed following submission of the Running Start Application.
6. Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours at CCRI for both the fall and spring semesters.