Grade English |
10th Grade English
| Creative Writing
Information Exposition: Subject Analysis & Formal Speech
Student Name: ________________________
I. Topic and rough draft were approved by me ______________________ (10 pts.)
II. Written Report: - 3-5 pages typed (double-spaced; 12 font) (45 pts.)
- Clear information given _________________________________
- Interesting subject _____________________________________
- Parenthetical citations/works cited page/heading/page numbers follow the MLA format ________________________________
III. Oral Presentation: a formal presentation of your research (condensed) (45 pts.)
- Posture _____________________________________________
- Voice ______________________________________________
- Body Gestures _______________________________________
- Eye Contact _________________________________________
IV. Additional Standards for Evaluation:
- Introduces the subject in an interesting and informative manner.
- Identifies the individual parts that comprise the subject.
- Uses appropriate strategies to examine and explain each part.
- Presents information in a logical order.
- Demonstrates an awareness of audience through the use of appropriate language and details.
- Includes an effective and well-developed introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Uses transitional words and phrases to illustrate the relationship among ideas, sentences, and paragraphs.
V. General Comments: __________________________________________________
__________________________________________ Final Grade: _______________
Return to Creative Writing Textbook Assignments