Summer Reading | 9th Grade English | 10th Grade English | Creative Writing
Author's Name: __________________________ Editor's Name: __________________________
Following the directions from our text (pages 55-65) and the added requirements below, compose a Journalistic Narrative on a topic of your choice.
Requirements and reminders:
Come by with questions.
Peer Editing Worksheet
Please provide your partner with feedback by answering the questions below.
1. Have I found a strong angle, or is my journalistic narrative simply a collection of random pieces of information?
2. Have I used descriptive details to vividly re-create people, places, and events? Give me examples.
3. What dominant impression do you get from my essay, so far?
4. What phrases, sentences, passages stand out as particularly vivid or memorable?
5. Is anything unclear, irrelevant, or unnecessary? Don’t be afraid to hurt my feelings!
6. Is there anything I wrote about that you would like to know more or less about?
7. Is my writing free of comments that sound judgmental/opinionated? If not, show me.
8. HAVE I STAYED IN THE PRESENT TENSE AND THIRD PERSON NARRATION??? If not, please show me so Mr. Campo does not give me an F !
9. Could you help me find punctuation, paragraphing, or spelling errors?
10. Any other comments about my piece of writing that you would like to share with me?
Return to Creative Writing Textbook Assignments