The following subcommittees and chairpersons have been established for the FY19 Academic Year…
Finance/Facilities Subcommittee: Chair: Erin Vinacco (Caryn, Sarah, Tara)
- Work with leadership team and assistant superintendent to recommend annual operating and capital budgets
- Make recommendations and communicate with Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer
- Review audits of finances
- Interact with town officials/finance committees during annual budget formation
- Review income and expenses over the course of the year and bring recommended transfers between cost centers to the full Committee
- Review and recommend staff additions when there are changes to the adopted budget.
- Annually Review facilities plans with Leadership to ensure infrastructure needs are being addressed.
- Work directly with Town planning/building commissions or appropriate bodies
- Propose capital projects and follow through with MSBA, Town Officials and others to ensure progress towards completion of projects.
- Review District Technology Plan to ensure technology support of educational program, curriculum and staffing needs.
- Make recommendations to entire Committee for improvements or upgrades to satisfy the needs of the District.
Public Relations/Community Outreach: Chair: Jack Keefe (Tara)
- Coordinate calendar for Committee members to attend monthly BOS meetings in their respective Towns
- Work with Superintendent on Public Relations campaign for the District
- Propose changes (language) of the Regional Agreement to the Policy Committee
Teaching and Learning: Chair: Bethany Dunton (Tammy, Sarah)
- Review student performance data as available including but not limited to STAR and MCAS 2.0.
- Participate as available in Focused Schools and Summit Schools Discussions
- Use performance data to make programmatic or curriculum change recommendations for funding
- Review and make recommendations on school improvement plans and student handbooks
- Review academic grants as presented by the administration
Negotiation & Superintendent Evaluation: Chair: Jane Reggio (Sarah, Jack, Tammy (for Collective Bargaining) including Matt and Jason, Bethany will Chair Superintendent Annual Evaluation)
- Conduct Collective Bargaining with Unions
- Recommend Compensation for superintendent
- Review non-represented contracts at time of renewal and bring to full Committee as required.
- Design, organize and implement annual evaluation of the Superintendent
- Make Recommendations on Legal Counsel
Policy: Chair: Tammy Lemieux (Jack, Erin)
- Recommend new policies and revisions to policies, protocols and procedures, and the regional agreement.
- Design, and implement the annual self-evaluation of the School Committee
- Annually review mission/vision statements
- Annually review District Improvement Strategy
Wellness: Member: Jack Keefe (Tracey Ducharme, Lynnea Gleason)
- To support the efforts of the District Wellness Committee
- To initiate an annual review of Programs and Protocols as outlined in the Policy Manual and State Regulations