Some of our duties and responsibilities:
- Providing career, personal/social, and academic guidance.
- Teaching a Middle School Success course. Units focus on self-esteem buidling, study skills, career exploration, calming techniques/mindfulness and teambuilding.
- Advocating for all students to enhance educational experience and learning outcome.
- Providing individual and small group prevention/counseling programs.
- Providing parent information.
- Providing referrals for outside counseling and testing.
- Performing community outreach.
- Providing information on high school programs including vocational schooling options.
- Functioning as a resource between parents and teachers.
- Partnering with administration, nursing, and wellness educators.
- Meeting with academic teams and parents/guardians.
- Assisting with student transitions and registration.
- Developing student schedules.
- Participating in IEP, 504 and BBST meetings when necessary.