INDIVIDUALIZED EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
The Blackstone-Millville Regional School District complies with special education mandates and requirements. Parents/guardians, general educators, special educators and other key individuals are active participants in a collaborative team process to determine proposed eligibility, development of Individualized Educational Programs and placements for participating students.
A student with a disability has a right to be educated in the least restrictive environment in order to access the general education curriculum. This means that a student with a disability has to be educated with children who do not have special needs. Special education services have to be provided in the regular classroom environment when deemed appropriate to meet the needs of the student with a disability. Special classes, separate schooling or removal of a child from the regular education environment occurs only when the nature or severity of the student’s disability is such that education in regular classes with the use of supplementary aids and services cannot be satisfactorily achieved.
Our programs begin at the Pre-school level providing services for our three to five year olds in a small group setting. At the elementary, middle, and high school levels we provide language based, and life skills programs to support our students in all areas of need. Other related services include speech/language, occupational therapy, physical therapy, vision, and hearing. Our school psychologists are available to support our students, staff, and parents in each building. In addition, we have a Team Chairperson in each school. If you have any questions or concerns please contact Ms Loretta Braverman, MSW, Director of Special Education, or the Team Chairperson at the school your child attends.
TEAM CHAIRPERSON INFORMATION:
- Millville Elementary School –Lisa Boisvert (PK - Grade 3) - 508-876-0177 / Megan Menard (Grade 4-5) - 508-876-0177
- JFK Elementary School - Lisa Boisvert (Grade K - Grade 2) - 508-876-0117
- AFM Elementary School - Lisa Boisvert (Grade 3) - 508-876-0118 / Megan Menard (Grade 4-5) - 508-876-0118
- FWH Middle School - Emily Turgeon (Grades 6 - 7) - 508-876-0190 / Lisa Rounds (Grade 8) - 508-876-0190
- BMR High School - Lisa Rounds (Grades 9 - 12) 508-876-0162
- Out of District Coordinator - Mrs. Jill Pilla- Gallerani 508-876-0142